CenturyLink is seeking a Senior Engineer with demonstrated architecture and systems engineering to mitigate cyber intrusions onto CenturyLink's ISP network in support of US Government networks. This is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation. This position will be responsible for systems in support of CenturyLink's Government and commercial Managed Security Services platforms addressing .gov and critical infrastructure protection missions.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security, Information Assurance (IA), or Cyber Security programs.
- 5+ years of experience with system security concepts, system security assessments, threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, vulnerability mitigation, and/or implementing and managing penetration testing tools.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting status and recommendations for improvements to either federal government or commercial leadership. Develop and implement patch management methodologies using various automation toolsets
- Create and maintain reports for patch compliance and system audit data.
- Participate in ongoing operational projects.
- Provide recommendations for system automation.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Participate in OS patch management and coordination.
- Develop and test Windows security patch packages.
- Troubleshoot Windows OS and Microsoft application security patch installations.
- Ongoing maintenance & administration of assigned systems.
- Adherence to policies, processes, and procedures within your areas of responsibility.
- Assistance with the execution of projects related to areas of responsibility.
- The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of enterprise level networking and network security.
- Recommends optimized solutions to support current and long-range planning and collaborates with project team leads in the selection, recommendation, and approvals of tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate, Build, Integrate, Test and Prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation and deployment.
- A Bachelor's Degree and/or Advanced degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and experience, or a strong interest in, the cyber security field.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, define requirements, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up, and customer focused behavior.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, software coding, encryption and cross domain solutions
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
- Must be willing to work rotating, on-call, and or work after hours as needed.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Level clearance