The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 11 to 15Years
Perform engineering and project engineering tasks on large and small electricalengineering projects as assigned by the Sr. Manager - Facilities Engineering & Maintenance. Activities are typically related to electricalengineering/design/construction of a new building, process, or manufacturing operation at S&C Electric’s Chicago Headquarters. Engineering tasks will include preparation of design criteria, power/controls/building systems/lighting/life safety, functional descriptions, calculations, equipment selection, drawings, sketches/layouts and specifications. Project engineering tasks will include preparation of cost estimates, schedules, purchase documents, drawing reviews, review and handling of drawings and submittals, and field work. Administer design and construction projects, supervise assigned projects and associated construction activities. Requires computer and CAD system literacy and ability to prepare and interpret electrical drawings. Mechanical/structural/architectural experiencepreferred. Will be required to coordinate the work with outside contractors and engineers on the specific projects as assigned as well as in house maintenance. May be required to prepare/revise layouts/drawings. Will be required to manage projects, exercise sound judgment and make decisions for which responsibility is assigned.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare calculations associated with power distribution, lighting, building modeling, building loads, coordination and protection.
- Prepare drawings and engineering/construction documents as required.
- Ability to prepare wiring diagrams, panel design, P&IDs, single lines, electrical physicals, specifications, functional descriptions.
- Expertise/familiarity with industrial power distribution and protection, UPS systems, switchgear, emergency generators, life safety, PLCs, building automation, ladder logic, motor controls, low voltage systems including fire signaling, burg-access control, surveillance, otherwise utility infrastructure systems. Process system and/or material handing experience a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with commissioning above systems, startup, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable of IEEE, NFPA, OSHA, UL, IBC and Chicago Electric Code, NEMA, electrical industry codes and standards.
- Budget & cost estimating experience for specific design packages, scheduling, procurement.
- Performing field survey work necessary to validate layouts/plans prior to, during and after construction and/or rearrangement.
- Performing field survey work necessary to accurately transcribe existing building plans into CAD based drawings.
- Construction management, electricalconstruction standards and practices, coordination of trades.
- Assist fellow team members within Facilities with design, troubleshooting, electrical expertise.
- Travel may be required to one of S&C’s manufacturing locations and/or in support of equipment procurement.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- ElectricalEngineeringdegree, with P.E.; License and/or advanced degreepreferred.
- Excellent communication, basic bookkeeping/project accounting skills, ability to review, interpret and effectively comment on drawings as required to accurately communicate desiredconstruction to contractors.
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Oracle; literacy in Microstation or AutoCad and electrical design.
- Technical competence in electricalengineering for projects assigned.
- Ability to prepare and control construction documents such as estimates, schedules and change notices.
Relevant Work Experience:
Five years of experience related to building design & construction projects, plant rearrangement/remodel projects, electrical systems.