Core member of Fabrication Services team supporting existing production tooling, internally and externally. Responsible for the project management of replacement injection mold tooling and processes to production in support of Business Unit’s and Operation’s strategic objectives. Will work on intercompany projects of medium / high complexity and scope. May perform multiple and parallel activities across projects. Works with others on project issues to develop various resolution options.
Leads and works with technical resources on inter-functional projects to achieve key factors of project success, which include; project schedule, project cost, product cost, process / product quality, and transferability to manufacturing. Applies engineering problem solving skills in determining technical objectives of assignments while establishing and implementing corrective action plans where necessary.
- Demonstrate experience in project management, to include, assessing, planning, and replacing existing plastic injection molds through production qualification: able to develop part and injection mold cost estimates, identify alternatives and their tradeoffs, manage project schedules and drive team members on multiple concurrent injection mold replacements to completion.
- Demonstrate experience in plastic tool design and evaluation to review mold repair requests and discern if need, cost, and duration of repairs are reasonable.
- Participate in commodity-level meetings with partners in Strategic Sourcing, Quality, and Production to identify opportunities for improvements in tool spend and strategic partnerships with suppliers.
- Utilize tool building and processing expertise to benchmark and technically evaluate production facilities and/or external suppliers.
- Utilize processing and design expertise to interact with internal engineers and external suppliers to resolve part design and manufacturability issues.
- Be technically proficient in the field of plastics to interact with experts in new areas of these technologies to research, develop and incorporate new found knowledge to help support Rockwell’s future design needs.
- Experience in the aspects of project management including determining project scope, developing and managing project budgets, developing project specifications, interfacing with project stakeholders and managing suppliers.
- Resolve complex process issues, reduce variation and deploy best practices globally.
- EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5years of experience in the areas of plastics processing, part and tool design.
- Minimum 3years of experience in project management, global or regional in scope.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Possess knowledge in new product development processes, manufacturing assembly environments, and associated business systems.
- Asset management knowledge, to include: planning, budgeting, schedules and suppliers through implementation and product life.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and ability to present technical information.
- MoldFlow experience.
- PMP Certification.
- certification, Greenbelt or Blackbelt.
- Experience with MS Office and CAD software applications; Pro/ENGINEER & MS Project.
- Two years of experience with an Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) systems, preferably SAP.
Travel may be required (5-10% international, 5-10% domestic)