Job ID R-303105
Job Description Summary
The Senior Engineer – Exponential Technologies (XT) is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of BD’s next generation medical solutions and enhance the current product portfolio. The XT Group explores how disruptive technologies can be used to enrich product development and augment the capability of business functions. The Senior Engineer, under the general direction of the Leader of XT, will support the development and application of Virtual Reality (VR) technologies across the corporation. At BD, VR is being used to revolutionize the way we visualize and communicate information. We are excited to add a highly motivated, self-directed individual that can adapt quickly and work within a dynamic environment.
- Support the development and modification of VR applications for product development, operations, marketing, training, or other business functions.
- Interact independently with project teams to guide the creation of new VR experiences by helping define requirements, framework, and overall workflow. Facilitate collection of inputs including models and other data.
- Ensure that timelines and objectives are met for successful VR application development. Review ongoing progress of VR prototype designs and coordinate adjustments effectively to meet project goals.
- Work with the XT team to identify the best approach for the development of different applications, utilizing internal resources or external partnerships as needed. Interact with BD stakeholders and external partners through effective verbal, web-based or written communication.
- Build and maintain expertise in the latest VR technologies, including knowledge of current hardware and software. Support and maintain hardware and partner with BD ITinfrastructure to help resolve issues and remove roadblocks.
- Explore state-of-the-art VR competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences. Actively research and implement new technologies and best practices within VR that are in support of BD’s business needs.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- Work independently to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate strong drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.