Media test development team is part of media R&D located at Fremont, California. The mission of the team is to design and upgrade media tester for detecting ever small defects to enable Seagate provide reliable high density data storage devices.
This team is made of world-class engineers with a wide range of capability in hardware, software and material science analysis.
About the role – you will:
- Be hands on electronics hardware and software
- Engage in system integration and testing
- Coordinate activities and drive progress
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good engineering verification and evaluation skills
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, able to determine appropriate engineering methods, techniques, and procedures for new assignments
Your experience includes:
- Firmware (FPGA) design - Xilinx product familiarity preferred.
- Knowledgeable in software basics
- Extensive experience with circuit board and controller design
- PCB design and schematic capture using PADS Software (preferred) or Cadence, Allegro/Orcad
- Project development experience from concept through protoytpe to production
- High frequency analog and high speed digital circuit design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 5+ years experience, or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 3+ years experience, or PHD and 0+ years of experience or equivalent education and experience.