Initiate, design, develop, and implement technical solutions in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. Candidates will have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead large capital projects, and provide specific project work direction to a broad range of team members.
Sector Management, Project Sponsors, Product and Technology Development (R&E), Global Nonwovens Product Supply, Mill Operations and Maintenance, External Technical Consultants, Consumers
- Implement capital projects and programs including safety, manufacturing operations, quality, regulatory, and energy.
- Ensure work is documented and is retrievable
- Identify and resolve process and equipment problems
- Initiate practical design solutions which meet/exceed expectations
- Facilitate work in accordance of the One K-C Behaviors
The incumbent reports to the Engineering Sr. Manager, and receives direction in the form of broadly defined objectives. Responsibilities include overall or electrical leadership of primarily capital projects. Incumbent is recognized for technical knowledge in engineering, and works within the Global Nonwovens organization supporting projects and providing electrical engineering expertise to address manufacturing needs, while maintaining flexibility and personal/organizational sensitivity. The incumbent provides work direction to junior and senior technical employees, leads broader teams, other functional team members, co-ops, technicians, service providers, etc.
This position typically requires a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering. The incumbent also must have broad knowledge and significant experience in the technical and operations areas. Typically, the incumbent must have at least ten years of relevant engineering experience in a variety of mill and staff assignments. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment is required. Significant experience with Rockwell Automation hardware and software is required. In addition, experience with Siemens hardware and software experience is a plus.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Plan and execute projects to ensure safety of project team, construction activity, and subsequent operation through planning, appropriate assessment, and mitigation of risks.
- Project scoping and estimating
- Project management: Plan, organize, and successfully execute projects on time and within budget. Appropriately engage and leverage Technical Service Providers for efficient project execution.
- Communications - provide relevant and timely communications at all levels.
- General and process control electrical equipment / systems / controls
- Electrical hardware and software design
- Distributed controls and networks design
- AC/DC drives design and control
- Conceptual system design capabilities, including safety
- Rockwell Automation hardware and software
- Power distribution
- K-C design standards
- K-C appropriation system
- Laws and government regulations
- Corporation policies and procedures
Vary widely with assignment and typically include:
- Project responsibility up to $30 MM
- Project team of 2 to 20 people
- Multiple projects
- Safety/Environmental: Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Ensure equipment and processes meet safety codes, policies, and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel. Champion sustainability initiatives. Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Diversity: Provide leadership in a way that helps the organization attract, develop, and retain the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Design and Development: Provide functional leadership in the initiation, design, development and optimization of manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve objectives.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and leadership in application of engineering principles and/or scientific analysis. Provide advice and counsel sought by others. Be recognized as a technical expert in many areas.
- Security and Documentation: Provide leadership in security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
- Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve objectives.
- Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
- Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear yet responsive.
- Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others, to include mentorship and development of junior engineers and technicians in the area of incumbent’s expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Quality: Support practical application of the Quality Management System in all assignments and responsibilities.