Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. Project manager for transmission pipeline construction projects including overall engineering, procurement, and construction activities. Develops and issues RFP and bid specifications for major projects and coordinates bid process, award, and legal contracts. Coordinate FERC and other agency permitting efforts. Accountable for project compliance with all DOT codes.
Provides engineering and technical support for construction, measurement, and gas control groups. Schedules and supervises contractors and other employees during pipeline construction. Represents ESNG to DOT and related State government bodies.
Prepares cost estimates for projects, prepares constructionschedules, and evaluates alternate pipeline routes and designs. Accountable for meeting project budget and deadlines.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible, and accountable for budget and deadlines, as Project Manager for major construction projects. Determine least cost route and recommend alternatives. Prepare cost estimates for projects. Direct design and permitting efforts of environmental consultants and ESNG staff. Assist in the development of FERC application. Direct the acquisition of ROW and landowner relations. Bid and evaluate required services and materials.
- Approves design of pipeline system facilities. Conduct feasibility studies of pipeline projects. Perform system modeling and facilities design. Design metering/regulating stations. Conduct annual relief value sizing evaluations.
- Regulatory compliance. Ensure pipeline system is in compliance with regulatory standards. Reviews and evaluates existing facilities for compliance with DOT codes. Maintains and updates standards manuals, procedures, and specifications, including ESNG Emergency Plan, Operations & Maintenance Plan, and Construction Standards.
- Pipeline integrity. Assist in implementation of Integrity Management Plan. Provides engineering and technical support, analysis, and makes recommendations to improve the MP. Coordinate repairs or preventative maintenance to pipeline facilities. Analyze and organize pipeline data and records.
- Represent ESNG to the public. Liaison with Federal, State, and local regulatory authorities and other stakeholders in the pursuit of project approvals.
- Direct company personnel as required to during engineering, procurement, and construction of major projects.
- Complete and file essential documentation. Review proposed State/Utility construction plans and accurately determine the company's pipeline involvement. Direct Design/CAD team in the development of as-built and final construction drawings.
- Assist in training for OperatorQualification Program. Evaluate and qualify company personnel in accordance with company OQ Program within areas of expertise.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- EngineeringDegree (at least B.S.) from four-year college or university; minimum five (5) years pipeline industry experience and/or training evaluated by management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Valid driver's license and Registered Professional Engineer in MD or DE preferred.
- Ability to create, customize and apply intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills to many variable spreadsheets and office documentation. Intermediate Windows2000 skills required to navigate, store and apply file folder management, and general software applications.
- Experience with current AutoCAD/Automap Software, and the use of printers and plotters.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- RESPONSIB LITY FOR EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS: Personal computer, office equipment, and other equipment used by the department.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS: Responsible for coordinating the timely and accurate delivery of construction materials to various ESNG projects.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR DIRECT ADMINISTRATION OF OTHERS: Responsible for the supervision of company, consultant, and contractor personnel related to major construction projects.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS: Overall responsibility for the safety of the general public and employees as it relates to pipeline designs and project construction.
- PHYSICAL REQU REMENTS: Not a physically demanding position.
- MENTAL REQU REMENTS: Considerable communication and management abilities are required. Normal level of visual acuity is needed. Normal hearing ability is required in communicating with co-workers and customers. Competency in mathematical analysis and reasoning is required. Ability to handle stress is necessary in order to operate effectively in occasionally tense situations.