What’s special about this job:
Our Distribution Engineering team is comprised of a talented team whose work is focused on the design, development and implementation of diverse capital projects for our Distribution Operations globally. The team works on a broad range of projects, from building new Distribution Centers, to upgrading existing material handling equipment and control systems. As an Engineer on the team, you will report to the Manager of Distribution Engineering and will work on a broad range of projects with domestic and international responsibility. These capital projects are focused on enhancing overall capabilities, technology, safety, and infrastructure of the Distribution Operations. This role will involve both domestic and global travel to meet project demands. Travel can vary by project complexity and / or volume of projects.
How you would contribute to the role:
This role will manage a portfolio of projects that vary in complexity. You will work with both domestic and international supply chain functions, vendors, and commercial partners. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects – from requirements gathering, to bidding a project, to managing construction, to equipment installation, and the final launch of the project. This will require technical engineering proficiency, project management skills, and knowledge of distribution systems. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently. In addition, you will bring new thinking and exposures to the team and will also participate in peer reviews of upcoming projects.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Six years of engineering experience, with at least 3 years of experience leading complex projects and 3 years’ experience in a distribution center.
- BS or MS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Project management experience, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute capital projects – plan, design, purchase and lead the project.
- Ability to engage and influence diverse commercial partners, and translate technical requirements into business requirements.
- Apply highly effective communication skills both verbal and written to efficiently identify customer and project requirements and proved project updates.
- Knowledge of distribution systems, combined with an ability to think strategically and understand the broader view or big picture.
- Strong learning agility, with the ability to leverage technology.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excel and AutoCAD capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and experience with simulation software is beneficial.