$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The successful candidate serves as an engineer for Delta's fleet management team with a primary focus on Avionics (communication, navigation, and surveillance) Systems.
Position will undertake tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing aircraft engineering support to a variety of internal customers and outside suppliers to support daily operations and long term reliability/cost effectiveness.
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing manufacturers' service bulletins and other correspondence to affected fleets.
- Providing status for aircraft issues through various briefings and documentation.
- Reviewing data and recommending and implementing changes as required to improve aircraft reliability.
- Supporting shop, hangar, and line maintenance in troubleshooting and providing corrective actions, including repair or deviation documentation for assigned discipline.
- Leaving the office environment and going to hangar, shop, or planning groups to gain details necessary to complete accurate project.
This position reports to the Avionics Engineering Manager.
Candidates for this position should have:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 3-5 yrs aviation related experience, or
- Masters Degree in Engineering with 1-3 yrs aviation related experience, or
- Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, or
- 5-9 years in a technical aviation related discipline with at least 2-3 yrs. in an aviation engineering organization
Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is strongly preferred. Familiarity with airline flight operations and support systems, FAR 121 dispatch regulations, computers and programming is desirable. Candidate has a working knowledge and can describe high-level functionality of aircraft communication, navigation, and surveillance systems. Familiar with aircraft User Modifiable Software and awareness of related regulations. Understanding of upcoming Avionics-related mandates and rules.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12