IT Group Description:
Client Group Technology creates and supports business innovating technology for the Client Group. The team is responsible for business innovation, project and relationship management, data and business intelligence, vendor management, and software development as it relates to the tools used by the over 500 Client Group staff globally.
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help clients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm’s investment teams and supports our clients and internal business partners through investment-platform and product content, messaging, competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages the firm’s global lineup of investment services and considers clients’ evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating, packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business, leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve profitability
IT Job Description:
We are seeking a Nashville based Senior Engineer/Data Warehouse Architect to join our Data & Analytics team in Client Group technology.
Describe the role:
The candidate will work closely with the business teams to design, architect, and develop support tools for data analysis, data loads, data visualization, and reporting.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
HighLine Data warehouse a brand-new database being built by sourcing data from different systems/applications which will be the backbone of building new application that will sit on top of this Datawarehouse. Dealer Marketing System (DMS) is the database used by all retail mutual fund applications like Salesforce (CRM), one point (data integrity maintenance), Business Intelligence Reports in MicroStrategy and SIMON (Mobile sales force application). It is the system of Record for domestic retail mutual funds sales, asset and transaction data.
Some of the key operations done by HighLine Datawarehouse are:
- Receiving and processing financial transaction data feeds (purchases, redemptions, exchanges) from domestic and international transfer agencies (DST, Omnibus, CORFAX), Broker Dealer Omnibus and Recordkeeper files
- Client specific Data are ingested like Demographic data; data packs; Market Share and Recordkeeper files
- Generating aggregates used by downstream applications (Salesforce, SIMON etc.)
- Distributing data to all linked sites and systems: Domestic and international advisor Web-sites, Wholesaler portal.
- Allowing members of the Sales Data Management team to manage sales territory definitions, move trades from one region to another etc.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect and develop a data ingestion framework to dramatically reduce the implementation timelines of new data sources for retail sales & marketing from external and internal data sources.
- Develop and automate the creation of data access API's and Web Services to aid analysis with an emphasis on data visualization as well as build a robust metadata repository which captures technical and business metadata to facilitate data discovery, exploration and self-service.
- Implement and extend data pipeline orchestration tools to capture complete data lineage.
- Develop a data quality architecture which propagates quality metadata across the data lineage and implements in-process data health checks.
- Simplification and automation of existing manual processes.
- Create policies and processes for data governance.
- Work directly with business users to ensure proper following of set policies and processes related to data governance.
- Coach/Evangelize/Mentor team members on data lake technologies and DevOps methodology.
- Develop and collaborate with AB's infrastructure management team to build an elastic "analytics sandbox" environment which supports DataOps (continuous integration, continuous deployment, and statistical process control) methodologies.
What makes this role unique or interesting?
This role is targeted to individuals who are passionate about data. Those who have good knowledge and/or interested in the ability to build out a new data warehouse while also being integral in building software solutions that are data focused with an emphasis on supporting the sales and marketing process.
What is the professional development value of this role?
This role provides the opportunity to learn the investment business as well as providing the opportunity to advance one’s technical skills with a focus on data. Here are just a few of the technical areas this role will focus on: Relational Data (SQL), Unstructured Data, Data Analysis (Python), building visualizations (MicroStrategy).
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics or a related major
- 7+ years' experience developing SQL specifically Stored Procs and SQL queries.
- 3+ years' experience architecting data warehouse solutions specifically within SQL Server
- 2+ years' experience using Agile or DataOps methodologies (CI/CD)
- Experience with building data warehouse within the cloud (Azure or AWS)
- ETL experience is a strong plus (SSIS and/or Informatica)
- Working with large datasets as well as unstructured data.
- Building visualizations using SSRS, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI or MicroStrategy is a strong plus.
- Advanced Excel programming experience is a strong plus
- Experience with OOP preferably C#.NET as well as SSAS
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable working closely with business users
- Must be a self-starter as well as a good team player
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and show strong client commitment
- Must document and share work done to aid in long term support
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.