We are seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer and a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to add technical and business development expertise to our growing Western Region. These senior practice leaders will be active partners with the region to support our profitable and growing Dams, Levees, and Hydropower engineering operations.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Project management and technical lead for investigations, design and remediation of dams, levees, hydropower facilities, hydraulic structures, and other major water infrastructure including conveyance (penstocks, pump stations, pipelines, canals and tunnels), bridge and waterfront facilities.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Manage projects and staff, including technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve as a leadership role model for company culture and values across the organization.
- Overnight travel is required; approximately 10 to 20%.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering or related field. M.S. preferred.
- 20 + years progressive experience in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical engineering with extensive technical background in field of expertise and at least 10+ years in a project management role.
- Recognized for technical excellence and development of client-focused, creative and practical solutions.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude and ability to generate new work and grow a business segment, with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to support federal, state and local agencies in the Western US.
- Professional Engineering license required.
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Strong reputation in dams, levees, and hydropower services
- Strong theoretical background with experience in applying analyses to practical solutions, including computer modeling and seismic analysis and designs
- Ability to supervise and direct junior staff
- Candidates should be thoroughly familiar with computerized applications including Microsoft software and engineering applications
- Knowledgeable of dam institutions and water and hydropower systems within the United States is desirable.