- Provide production support for manufacturing lines from the processor down to the device level. Production support includes ensuring accurate traceability data collection, troubleshooting, quality/scrap/productivity improvements, improved process reliability, and VA/VE activities.
- Support business unit objectives by prioritizing projects, designing interfaces for new equipment and making decisions that affect the long-term production process.
- Provide vendor management and supervision.
- Manage machine controls for medium size projects.
- Create and maintain documents and/or databases. Such activities vary from clerical, to editorial, to creative; e.g. creation/revision of APQP documentation, configuration files, MI, MOP, equipment specifications, functional specifications, etc.
- Provide mentoring and training to lower level developers and technicians. May provide work to clerical support or unskilled labor, including temporarily assigned developers and technicians.
- Review design changes and verify these changes do not adversely affect the process.
- Customer Team Member:
- Work with team members to resolve customer issues related to quality and design. Resolve issues relative to the process & equipment and implement required changes to production lines.
- Work with Product Engineering to develop, design and implement changes that result from product changes.
- Simultaneous Engineering Team Member:
- Review and make recommendations to improve product design and processes, using analytical methods and tools (Design for Assembly, Manufacturing and Experiments, Six Sigma).
- Work with the core team (Design, Quality, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing and Packaging Engineering) on product/process development, improvements and implementation.
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Master's preferred)
- 7 – 8+ years of experience and leading technical projects
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical/electronic systems.
- Intermediate level programming of PLC, HMI, motion control systems and robots.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems.
- Create electrical drawings using CAD software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- German language skills a plus.
ZF Mesa Operations screening process includes substance abuse screening test, ATF lifetime background check, and a verification of eligibility for employment. U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status Required.
Be part of our ZF team as Senior Engineer - Controls and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran