JOB SUMMARY: Imagine blending imagination with technical know-how to build and design ride control systems that make the impossible become reality for our guests. Our Engineers give our guests the ability to become a web-slinging superhero, a wand-waving wizard or even a cute, yellow minion named Bob. You will monitor and expedite the design and development of show and/or ride control systems and software systems. Share your creative insight, scheduling, and consultation services with Universal Creative and Universal Orlando technical Services.
- Prepare to take a lead role in longer term engineering support of the commissioned system, employing all knowledge and experience gained during project execution.
- Supervise installation, test and adjustment of show and ride control systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Contribute to and critique quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent and employing Universal Specifications.
- Produce scopes of work and manage progress from design through installation
- Review designs and documentation from contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications
- Lead design and production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy
- Oversee contractor’s mock-up, prototype, and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system
- Assist with development of, and oversee project schedule and budget
SCOPE: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of show and / or ride control systems and software systems for a large multi-faceted theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s). Provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative and Universal Orlando technical Services during all aspects of the progress of work.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (Computer or Electrical preferred). Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation products (RS Logix, Guardlogix PLCs, Safety Rated Variable Frequency Drives), Siemens Automation Products (S7 PLCs). Design of safety-rated control systems per International Standards such as ISO.13849.
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 years of experiencerequired in engineering practice. Preferred experience: design, installation and commissioning of industrial automation systems. Preferred industries: theme park, transportations, pharmaceutical, automotive, general manufacturing. Experience designing life safety systems preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.