Under limited direction, the Senior Engineer will work on land development and public infrastructure design projects. This position will manage projects from entitlements through construction. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the preparation and review of engineering studies necessary for grading, sanitary sewer, drainage and water systems; preparation of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates (PS&E) for residential and infrastructure improvements including roads, sewer, water systems, and drainage facilities for a variety of private and public projects. This position is responsible for project level QA/QC and may oversee the work of junior engineers and technicians.
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then Wood Rodgers is for you.
We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask 'why not?' and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
What you will be doing
- Preparation of engineering analysis, designs, and calculations for private improvements and public works projects.
- Preparation of construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates (PS&E).
- Preparation of construction submittal reviews, Requests for Information (RFI), and other construction related activities.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and practices.
- Monitor and coordinate tasks and coordinate with project team members toward completion of projects.
- Coordinate with the survey and construction management team during project construction phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory and Fiscal Responsibilities: May supervise technical support staff on as-needed basis. Will assist in managing budget and workload. The ability to eventually take on budget management and invoicing responsibilities would be a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required
- 5 years minimum experience required performing the essential duties listed above
- Demonstrated knowledge of Civil Engineering principles, practices, and methods
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, including Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite
Things we'd like to see
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions regarding complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze engineering data and make comprehensive reports
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a variety of engineering functions
- Ability to work as a member of an engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with those contacted in the course of work; communicate effectively both orally in and in writing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills