Be involved in projects with our Civil TEC Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for Senior Engineer/Business Development Partner for our San Diego office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a plan to enhance business development efforts in the San Diego market, including highway/bridge, transit/ rail and local jurisdiction projects, working closely with San Diego Office Area Manager and business development team.
- Strategize, prepare, lead and participate in proposals and interviews for major clients
- Serve as a project manager on major projects
- Use creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment to lead transportation and infrastructure projects from conceptual and preliminary engineering to final design
- Prepare/oversee Plans, Specifications, and Estimate (PS&E) packages, engineering reports, technical memorandums, and other similar work products
- Assure that engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, budget control scheduling, cost engineering/control, quality control and project objectives
- Attend and participate in client meetings, team meetings, and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams Provide oversight to design team for various tasks within the scope of a project including training and supervising project team
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor of Science degree In Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline, Master’s Degree desirable
- Currently licensed CA professional engineer
- Minimum of 17 years’ experience in transportation engineering, including highway, local roads and/or rail transit
- Ability to independently analyze all technical aspects of the subject area and evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and criteria using sound judgement
- Active member of professional or technical societies/member of local program or committee
- Must be able to work effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists
- An excellent communicator, and strong negotiation skills
- An active team player
- Ability to work in this country immediately is required