O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 245 days ago
Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer
• Support a world class ecommerce platform
• Innovate new technologies in the payments space
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of a high performing team delivering solutions in a rapid manner?
• Do you have what it takes to technically own a product and drive a solution to market?
• Ensure services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping a watchful eye on capacity and performance
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
All About You
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Experience with Cloud based Infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
• Experience with PaaS based development such as CloudFoundry, IBM Bluemix, Heroku, etc
• Experience with Micro service management tools/techniques such as Centralized Configuration management and Service Discovery
• Experience with REST and API design
• Experience with advanced performance tooling like dynatrace
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Help evaluate new service protocols, self-healing capabilities in a highly distributed enterprisearchitecture.