Responsible for the development of algorithms and software for fusing the sensor data from Radar, Lidar, Cameras, etc., to create an accurate and comprehensive description of the driving environment.
- Development of robust, real time sensor fusion algorithms for localization, object detection, classification and tracking.
- Development of machine learning based sensor fusion, object and situation classification systems
- Responsible for complex functional development for embedded platforms as part of the autonomous driving effort at MBRDNA.
- Technical guidance of interns and junior engineers
- Development of quantitative evaluation and data visualization systems to evaluate the performance of the sensor fusion algorithms
- Adapt algorithms developed by other departments for US-specific purposes, collaborate with other teams and transfer knowledge gained on advanced technology, and integrate software into the overall system through clearly defined interfaces
- Develop engineering requirements and write documentation
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelors + 5 yrs / Masters + 3 yrs / PhD
- Proven work experience with algorithm development and software development for sensor fusion and localization
- Strong skills in the field of environment perception (Camera, RADAR, LIDAR) and hands-on experience with Driver Assistance Systems and vehicle prototyping
- Strong skills in Machine Learning techniques
- Strong skills in Software Engineering and advanced programming skills in C/C++ and Python. Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and their operating systems
- Ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones
- Strong skills in data analysis and networking
- Independent research with record of peer-reviewed publications on environment perception and senor fusion
- Strong skills and proven experience in Software Engineering and programming in C/C++ and Python
- Valid driver's license
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Robotics
- Experience in modern software development methodologies
- Experience in sensor fusion with radars, cameras and lidars
- Experience with software development for embedded platforms
- Experience with automotive data bus systems and components