As a key member of the Musician and Consumer Audio (MCA) group, the Senior Engineer, Audio Electronics Design works on project teams that design and implement low-noise analog and digital circuitry in high-fidelity! You will work cross-functionally on next-gen audio products, including Bluetooth earphones/headphones and portable microphones.
- Designs audio and power supply circuitry that meet the desired performance, cost, and time-to-market requirements products involving Bluetooth and/or WiFi technology.
- Helps in the selection, design, and layout of digital hardware including microprocessors, clocks, memory, and logic.
- Integrates circuit blocks on complex designs by working closely with RF/Wireless Engineers.
- Prepares and provides supporting design documentation, including design specifications, tuning procedures, experimental results, design options, tradeoffs, and reasoning for the final design choice.
- Leads new product development teams by designing circuits, building and evaluating prototypes, performing experiments, generating documentation, and entering schematics.
- Performs audio quality testing on products being developed, which includes conducting bench test and listening test evaluations of prototypes.
- Performs system/sub-system level tests.
- Leads new and existing products in the manufacturing plant; i.e. Maintenance of Line (MOL) support.
- Generates Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Special Engineering Notices (SENs).
- Provides electrical engineering and technical assistance to other departments including Embedded, Acoustical, Mechanical, Marketing, automated Test Engineering (ATE), Quality, and Design.
- Supports customers and end users regarding electrical engineering issues relating to the Company's musician and consumer audio products.
- Mentors, coaches, and monitors the work of less experienced engineers.
- Works not only with local partners but also international development and manufacturing partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Graduate coursework is desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience possessing wide-ranging experience in low-noise audio design and power supply design using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Must have experience working in a multiple discipline engineering team.
- Experience using analog simulation tools.
- Experience meeting Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI), Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC), and Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) government performance standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods on new assignments and provides guidance to other personnel.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- International travel as needed (~10% annually).
- A general interest in and experience working with audio electronic gear.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth protocol and analyzers.
- Experience with DECT, NFC, and emerging technologies in addition to Bluetooth and WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac/ax).
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics tools.