AriensCo has an opportunity at our Brillion headquarters to join a company with an iconic name and presence in the outdoor power equipment industry. This is a great position for someone looking to help push innovation to the next level.
The Day To Day...
- Develops and supplies technical information to other groups as required. These groups would include Design, Tooling, Sourcing, Testing, Analysis, Manufacturing Engineering, Tech Pubs, Industrial Design.
- Documents and presents technical information and arguments during design reviews
- Helps develop innovation/learning test plans with Testing Manager.
- Writes test requests and model shop requests for work done to support innovation and learning projects and subsystem development for NPD projects.
- Works with other groups – Manufacturing Engineers, Tooling, Sourcing on DFM/DFA of components and assemblies.
- Gives periodic presentations of innovation projects to platform managers, marketing managers, executives, etc.
- Performs engineering calculations, investigations, and tasks as assigned.
- Prepares, secures and reviews cost estimates, compiles required cost and equipment information, and writes appropriation requests.
- Investigates problems and requirements of assigned projects and develops plans for solutions in line with established project objectives.
- Develops innovative solutions to design problems considering customer needs.
- Develops innovative technology concepts into prototypes and test pieces to determine viability.
- Supports and leads multiple projects concurrently.
- May lead sub-groups of engineers and designers in developing technology in defined sub-systems that support NPD and Innovation activities.
- Leads technical design reviews related to all assigned projects.
- Participates in technical design reviews related to technology and sub-systems that will be used on assigned platform and innovation projects.
- Completes professional engineering assignments of broad scope.
- Exercises discretion as to personal work details.
- May mentor other team members on specific technology in which they are considered an expert.
- May delegate tasks to other engineers.
- May manage a technical specialty area.
- May have project-related or permanent direct reports
- Readily identifies and applies technical tools/disciplines.
- This is not necessarily a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, experience or requirements associated with the job.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (B. S.) from a four-year accredited institution with the focus being relevant to the job requirements of the technical team he/she is assigned to (example: Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) and 7 or more years of experience.