We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented person to serve as a Senior Engineer in the Xperi's Office of the CTO. You will be joining a highly skilled R&D team who are passionate about getting the highest quality experience out of all our technologies. Signal processing skills are required, experience with subjective and objective audio quality assessment would be valuable, and a working knowledge of Machine Learning would be considered a big plus. Working closely with other R&D engineers, you will contribute to the success of our technologies in the marketplace – awareness of cutting-edge consumer audio would serve you well in this role. Participation in standards activities and coordination with customer facing engineers may be required to ensure proper alignment of our solutions with end-user desires.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, a team player eager to make a difference in the organization of passionate audio researchers and practitioners. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, and a strong drive to solve problems to disrupt the status-quo are expected.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Work directly with other R&D engineers from early concept design to implement product improvements and enhancements
- Develop state of the art algorithms and methods that can solve real-world problems in the domain of audio processing and Machine Learning
- Contribute to data acquisition methods and tools to facilitate data collection and augmentation processes
- Design and build audio fidelity tools and methods
- Support competitive landscaping and benchmarks
- Collaborate with the broader XPERI organization to ensure successful deployment and maintenance of developed technology
- Produce detailed records of work and create corresponding technical reports and presentations
- Stay up to date with the latest relevant research, standards, and trends
- Contribute to the IP portfolio of the company
Required Education and Experience
- BSc (required) or MSc (strongly preferred) degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 3-5 years of engineering experience
- Solid signal processing skills applied to audio and/or video, data pre/post-processing, compression, etc.
- Coding experience in C/C++, Python, Matlab, XML, or other scripting languages
- Experience with subjective and objective audio/video quality assessment is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning is strongly preferred
- Grasp of Machine Learning programming languages is strongly preferred (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience using commercial audio tools and software packages is preferred (e.g. Adobe Audition, MAX/MSP, AudioMulch)
- Familiarity with at least one version control system (preferably Git) and Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Agile/Kanban development practice is preferred
- Experience working as a cross-functional team member is preferred