This Senior Engineer position in the Credit and Fraud Risk Controllership (C&FRC) Controllership organization will play a key role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the AXP financial statements and proactively eliminate controllable financial risk. As part of a world-class Controllership group, the C&FRC Controllership organization supports business on credit reserve modeling and provides decision support.This Senior Engineer position will be part of the Credit and Fraud Risk Controllership team, primarily responsibilities are:
- Lead development of the tableau to provide user friendly dashboards for our business partners
- Play a key role in deployment of the ad hoc functionality to perform deep-dives on business / segment results.
This person will also interact regularly with Risk Finance and Technology to support of development of Tableau’s ad hoc functionality. As the Senior Engineer for this team, the incumbent will play an instrumental role in the continuous refinement of Tableau to bring to the next level The incumbent will also work closely with, and build relationships with, other departments, including Global Risk, Global Reporting, Global Banking, Investor Relations, Technologies, Tax, Treasury, and Enterprise Risk & Assurance Services (for Corporate Audit). This Position will be in Phoenix and will report to the Director - Controller.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owns all Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications.
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems.
- Requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of integration solutions and Business Intelligence reports.
- Communicating to stakeholders and business partners on the solution and the implementation aspects at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Ability to work closely with Technical Architects and architecture governance technical team for solution development and design reviews.
- Manages and mentor’s teams of Junior and Senior Engineers through ongoing sprints.
- Functions as a Senior member of an Agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools and common components.
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Typically spends 30-50% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time managing team and stakeholders through ongoing product/platform release sprints.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required.
- 10+ years of Development experience with Tableau and other BI tools.
- Must be an excellent Tableau developer.
- Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more object-oriented platforms and languages.
- Knowledge of Spring including MVC, AOP, Spring Boot, REST, XML, JUnit, Mocking, Oracle DB SQL, Business Intelligence software fundamentals.
- Experience in handling large volumes of data.
- Knowledge in In-memory computing is preferable.
- Desirable to have cloud experience, especially Unix and service discovery tools.
- Desirable to have experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. ELK, Splunk and App Dynamics.
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development and automated testing Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Manages seamlessly across time zones, cultures, and band levels.
- Communicates effectively with Technical, Operational, and Business stakeholders.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings via teleconference.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.