Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 32 days ago
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further. You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
1. Preferably master of Science or higher in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences or similar or Bachelor of Science with 5+ years of experience in a highly quantitative position.
2. Expertise in an analytical language (Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent).
3. Prior experience working with TB scale datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent).
5. Practical experience in building NLP solutions are strongly preferred.
6. High proficiency with the following technologies:
7. Modeling proficiency:
8. Creativity to go beyond current tools to construct and deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects.
9. Team player with strong relationship building, management and influencing skills.
10. Experience working on statistical/machine learning package / framework such as Scikit-Learn, Spark MLlib, Mahout, Tensor flow etc.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.