NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
In this role you will support Emulation development and enabling of multimillion Gate complex Design with multiple clocks and power domains with minimal supervision.
You will be engaged with the design, architecture, FW/SW, and driver development teams to execute use case scenarios, stress scenarios, system performance analysis, boot scenarios etc.
Engagement and collaboration across the global sites is a key aspect of this role as global alignment of functional verification/emulation methods is essential and sharing of emulation resources is common. Strong technical, communication, and consensus building skills will be required as well as a demonstrated ability to influence solutions across a global organization. The ideal candidate will partner with local and global SoC and IP developers to drive best practices with a target of ongoing productivity improvement. A “zero-defect” mindset is a key enabler
- Ability to work well as part of a team both locally, and also with remote or multi-site teams
- Define and develop capabilities to enable acceleration of RTL and improve emulation/FPGA model reusability across IP/SoC, Pre and Post Si Validation
- Development of direct and constrained-random stimulus;
- Understands and analyzes RTL code, functional coverage results;
- Applicant should have efficient debugging and logic skills. Familiarity with major simulation and debug tool vendors is a plus.
BSEE / MSEE / PhD plus 6-8 years’ experience in the Semiconductor industry. In depth experience with various emulation/accelerator methods and use-case environments is needed
- Experience in microcontroller architecture, Cores ARM A/M series, Interconnect(NIC, FlexNoC), Cache Coherency, Protocols like AHB/AMBA,AXI, ACE, OCP, Memory(Flash, SRAM,DDR3/4) and memory controllers
- Experience in automotive protocols like LIN, CAN, Flex, Graphics/Multimedia/Networking protocols like PCIe, MIPI, GPU, H.264, Ethernet, USB, ITU T.656, DSP, Image/RADAR processing would be an advantage
- Emulation model creation from RTL/Netlist.
- Develop hardware collateral to be integrated with the Palladium/Zebu/FPGA emulation model.
- Create and execute Test plans targeting Sub-systems and SoC level.
- System level performance analysis, bandwidth, latency across interconnect.
- Experience with Speed Bridge Integration and perform real time testing.
- Experience in integrating Acceleration VIPs and perform co-emulation.
- Experience in Palladium or Zebu Platforms
- Scripting and Automation to continuously improve operational efficiency