We are searching for a Senior Employee Relations Partner to join an exciting and rapidly growing company in Pleasanton. The Senior Employee Relations Partner role will support and enable the achievement of Workday’s organizational and business objectives through solving complex employee relations matters across all levels of the organization. Experience managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment is a must! This role is critical to scaling and growing the capabilities, processes and systems that help Workday deliver an exceptional experience for our workforce.
The Senior Employee Relations Partner will:
- Drive the implementation of Employee Relations strategies, guidelines, and procedures including effective communication and guidance for managers and employees. Ensures consistent application across the organization and within the People Partner teams.
- Conduct and lead complex, high-risk and/or sensitive confidential investigations related to employee issues and claims, prepare investigative summaries, and make recommendations on next steps and appropriate actions.
- Advise and influence business leaders and the People Partner teams through resolving employee relations matters and mitigating risk to the company.
- Identify, analyze and implement sound resolutions to complex employee relations issues.
- Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with business groups including employees, managers, People & Purpose and Legal.
- Effectively anticipate the unintended consequences and broader impact of decisions and recommendations, identify alternate courses of action, and facilitate gaining alignment with key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and anticipate future legal changes and partner with in-house Employment Counsel to provide options and recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to assess the impact of policies and practices and make recommendations to address areas of inconsistency or practice improvement.
Required Expertise, Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to advise a range of stakeholders on Employee Relations issues balancing legal compliance with business need.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to analyze information to identify the root causes of problems and proposing realistic and practical solutions to address them based on knowledge and understanding of the organization and its operating environment.
- Capable of applying discretion and sound judgment while managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Extensive expertise managing complex employee relations issues, including workplace investigations.
- Strong influencing skills leveraging business acumen, expertise and data.
- Ability to finalize complex investigations quickly to minimize disruption within the organization.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of HR experience (ER, Sr. Generalist, People Partner)
- 3+ years directly managing complex employee relations issues
- MBA/MA or JD preferred