Position Description This position is responsible for:
- Performing independent testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and otherInternational product EMC/Wireless standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
- Providing local expertise for Test and Measurement Equipment, ITE, and Radio Equipment, including complex systems, and mentoring and training less senior technical personnel.
- Conducting independent evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
The Sr. EMC/Wireless Engineer is responsible for more complex projects. To do this, the person must:
- Read and determine applicability of codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test)
- Read and understand schematics, assembly drawings, manuals, etc.
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability
- Project manage products through 3rd party certification agencies, mitigating issues, and staying within budget and completion dates
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing; Follow established test plan; Set up and operate EUT;
- Conduct thorough construction review; document results
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests Radiated/Conducted Emissions and Immunity tests; testing of Wifi/Bluetooth products
- Provide local technical expertise and maintain reviewer status for other engineers and technicians work
- Proactively develop and communicate test procedures, test plans, new test fixtures and report shells
- Investigate technical complaints and product failures and support accreditations efforts by engaging in technical audits locally
- Demonstrate enough product and/or standards knowledge to be considered a subject matter expert (SME)
- Actively represent NI by participating on standards/industry committees and/or associations.
- Perform preliminary design reviews (PDR)
- Follow quality control procedures and follow Quality Management System (QMS).
- Communicate project status and test results to R&D client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients as needed
- 5years’ experience in Regulatory EMC/Wireless Compliance, including testing, report generation, and working with or at a 3rd party certification agency or lab
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 5years’ experience OR Associates Degree or 2year technical degree plus 7years’ experience in EMC/Wireless Compliance
- Bachelor's degree in ElectricalEngineering
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills to interact with Sales, Manufacturing, R&D, 3rd Parties and external customers
- Attention to detail with high aptitude for quality control, documentation, and repeatability
- Strong understanding of electronics, engineering, and safety compliance principles, theories and concepts in accordance with national and international standards
- ISO GUM measurement uncertainty analysis experience
- Knowledge of ISO17025 (Previous accreditation implementation a plus) and preferably IEC 80079-34
- Strong understanding of IEC 61326-1, IEC 61000 series, EN 55011, and EN 55022 standards
- Preferable understanding of wireless radio testing and certification, the RED, FCC requirements, and 301489 series of host devices
- Software programming in LabVIEW a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions