The Senior Embedded SW Development Engineer will be part of a development team working in new product introduction and existing product sustaining / support. This team is responsible for long term development programs as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing product platforms. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of product development ranging from system-level design and requirements analysis, feature development, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
In this role as Senior Embedded SW Development Engineer you will:
• Own technical leadership responsibilities for product feature development. implementation, validation, and sustaining
• Engage in all aspects of product development ranging from system level design and requirements analysis through code development and testing
• Work with new product development and sustaining engineering teams in development and execution of product enhancements, product upgrades, and new product introductions
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives related to embedded product functionality and team processes
• Design using object-oriented techniques and associated languages
• Analyze embedded code to determine root cause of defects and implement corrective action
• Develop systems using real-time embedded operating systems (QNX, VxWorks, etc.)
• Develop and implement embedded software ranging from high-level application to low-level hardware device drivers
• Perform Third Party Review of firmware development code
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software development
• Demonstrated skills of C / C++ programming language and/or VHDL/Verilog
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience
• Demonstrated skills designing and implementing complex embedded systems and components
• Experience creating an embedded application, deploying to an embedded target, and debugging from an embedded target
• Experience troubleshooting customer issues
• Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Green Belt certified and DFSS trained (GE Employees Only)