Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Embedded Software Systems Engineer
What You´ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement both application level and embedded software for aerospace, avionics and related tactical systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration and documentation with an emphasis on requirements, architecture, design, and documentation.
- Conduct research, gather information (including interfacing with internal and external customers) interpret data, create and propose solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, on programs and within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Provide technical leadership on software development projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What You´ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus 8 or more years of related experience is required.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages such as C/C++, Ruby/Python and other languages/applications.
- Experience with a Requirements Management System such as IBM Rational DOORs.
- Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems including Linux/VxWorks.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- A working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and style guides.
- Relevant work experience, senior project experience and/or internship/co-op experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex ideas in a simple and concise manner
- Ability to lead, mentor, and motivate a software development team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required