New Product Development team is looking for a highly motivated, embedded software engineer to build the next generation of mesh connected and smart home products.
You will augment a small, collaborative engineering team to design and develop firmware, device drivers, and algorithms to deliver connected products from design to board bring-up to production.
The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Analyze system requirements and plan and estimate development activities.
- Write clear and concise design specifications where applicable.
- Design and develop firmware/software for embedded products, debug existing software/firmware.
- Work closely with microprocessors, ARM-based processors, WiFi, BLE, integration with IoT cloud.
- Test firmware on hardware platform.
- Design new software modules and develop supporting documentation.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product costs, meeting design inputs).
- Act as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced Engineers.
- Maintain code in repository using tools like Git, and Atlassian.
- Ability to travel 10%. Some travel may be international
- 5+ years embedded software development experience with commercial SoC products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics products.
- Deep understanding software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with C/C++, build and source code control tools, and full lifecycle software development processes.
- Experience with boot firmware, device drivers, file systems, and memory management.
- Hands on experience with new system board bring up.
- Previous experience with kernel and device driver development and debugging.
- Understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Prior experience working on 802.11 technologies or other wireless technologies and standards is desirable.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Self-motivated and a great attitude towards solving problems.
- Track record of shipping great consumer products.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- BS electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent (MSpreferred).