Experience: 5+ years relevant experience with BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Develop embedded software to operate wireless power systems in industries spanning consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and medical.
- Lead or co-lead the software development effort – from spec development to software delivery – of product-ready software code in wireless power embedded systems.
- Interact with key IC partners to allow for seamless integration of embedded code into wireless reference platforms.
- Interact with key customers to integrate NuCurrent’s solution for embedded systems.
- Work with hardware engineering team to integrate features that have high degree of hardware/ software interaction.
- Develop re-usable, modular, scalable embedded software that can be easily adopted into a diverse range of products.
- Work with management to establish software timelines and ensure timely delivery of products.
- Work collaboratively with strategic IC partners to integrate embedded software solutions.
- Contribute to the development of Intellectual Property.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must have strong programming skills in embedded C, specifically writing & optimizing software for 8 to 32 bit bare metal embedded systems.
- Track record of shipping mixed-signal hardware including embedded micro-controllers.
- Good written & verbal communications skills, good interpersonal skills, and comfortable talking in front of management, key partners, and key customers.
- Ability to read an electrical hardware schematic.
- Experience with standard hardware bus interfaces, such as UART, I2C and SPI.
- Ability to be key member of small hardware “bring up” team.
- Proficiency in use of basic electrical tools, i.e. oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer.
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include contractors working remotely.
- Experience using source code version control systems (SVN, Git).