Advance your career in a fast-paced company with hands-on design opportunities that become production reality. L3Harris is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our software engineering team. You will be part of a talented engineering team responsible for the hands-on development and integration of software and application tools for an integrated, embedded system providing warfighters with advanced system interconnect ability. We are looking for engineers who are versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, leading software development of complex projects from defining software requirements through release to production. You will be a key contributor in defining the software architecture and designing for efficiency and reuse.
This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for design, documentation, development, and testing of highly reusable embedded software
- Responsible for understanding customer and system requirements and translating into software requirements
- Responsible for preparing and presenting software designs to peers, internal and external customers
- Participates in integration, debug and test of software and hardware
- Responsible for tracking software development features, tasks and defects through release
- Responsible for software build and release of select projects
- Participates in software project estimation, planning and execution using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Leads and participates in software design and code reviews for system and subsystem components
- Participates in the development of software processes and best practices
- Supports proposals with concept designs and estimates
- Supports, trains, and/or mentors other team members in design best practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of embedded C/C++ experience on bare metal and RTOS platforms
- 3+ years of experience developing SW on embedded platforms
- Expert knowledge designing embedded products for Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Expert knowledge of data structures and inter-process communications
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded development and interrupt servicing
- Expert knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. USB, I2C, SPI, UART etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of networking (e.g. TCP/IP), wireless, and Ethernet protocols
- Proficient at software design (UML a plus)
- Proficient with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proficient with software configuration management tools. Git preferred.
- Proficient with feature and defect tracking tools. Jira preferred.
- Proficient with embedded development using IAR Workbench, in-circuit emulators and debuggers
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with electrical schematics and circuits
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Experience with DOORS Requirements Management
- Experience with Eclipse and Make build systems
- Experience with Jenkins and DevOps tools
- Experience developing imaging systems
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering--Computer Location USA - NH - Londonderry