Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country’s toughest national security problems?
Do you love building and prototyping robust software systems?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
As a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and originate novel algorithms to improve processing performance, efficiency, and manage tasks from system design through prototype fabrication and final integration. We value a demonstrated ability to communicate well with both teammates and customers. This includes the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and effectively in presentations and written documentation. As part of our interdisciplinary engineering team, you will utilize your skills to create highly innovative and impactful solutions and insights to help solve some of the most challenging issues facing the United States.
As a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, you will...
- Primarily be responsible for the design, specification, development, and testing of custom embedded systems, including implementing algorithms and software on custom hardware systems.
- Optimize signal processing algorithms for low power and embedded applications.
- Architect and develop software which can meet tight hardware timing, memory, and processing resource constraints.
- Work with with signal processing and/or RF communication systems and waveforms.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of practical experience developing software utilizing C, C++, VHDL/Verilog, and/or MATLAB.
- Have experience with leading small teams or projects.
- Are experienced with software development on embedded, resource-constrained systems, the use of real-time operating systems.
- Can demonstrate the capability to craft multi-threaded software.
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. The selected applicant will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have an advanced graduate degree (Master's or above) in any of the fields listed above.
- Are proficient developing software and coding in additional languages such as C#, Python, Java, or scripting languages.
- Have experience with assembly, RTL logic design, or digital hardware design and interface development.
- Have proficiency with Linux, shell scripting, and POSIX.
- Have experience working on the development of RF systems and/or other signal collection systems.
- Have developed applications for low size, weight, and power products.