Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions andzero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything wedo and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. The capabilityof our infotainment systems is the core connection between the vehicle and thetraveler. We are advancing the sophistication of vehicleinfotainment systems at every level of functionality and design to developbeautiful intuitive systems that augment driver awareness, enhance occupantsafety, and elevate the traveler experience.
Sound like the coolest job on theplanet? Come join us and be part of a smart collaborative team working tocreate flawless beautiful infotainment systems for our next generationvehicles.
This team willultimately be responsible for developing, and maintaining GM’s entireinfotainment software platform. We are looking for senior engineers with a verysolid knowledge in developing Android software who are interested in applyingtheir experience to delivering high quality software for future automotiveInfotainment systems.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Contribute as designer and developer to building Android based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for GM infotainment systems.
- Follow our software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case reviews to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities..
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
Provide clear and completedocumentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years in Software Development in related domains
- 5+ years in designing and developing software on the Android platform
- Software development experience in Linux platform
- Software design and implementation experience in an object-oriented environment
- Development experience with Android development toolkit and process
- In depth experience with SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, OpenGrok, JIRA, Eclipse IDE
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team, good team worker
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics or navigation systems
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance the usability of complex systems is a plus
- Advanced degrees preferred