Splunk's Toronto Engineering team is looking for an Embedded Linux Developer to help launch Splunk’s hardware strategy. You will build innovative new products that leverage sensor data and machine learning at the edge. You will bring up hardware, customize linux kernel and build a truly competitive product. You will get to work with dedicated individuals who are doing state of the art development (embedded software, mobile and backend) in the areas of machine learning and data analytics to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- At least 5 years of meaningful industry experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in customizing linux distributions and configuration on ARM SoCs using Yocto Poky or a debian based system.
- 2-3 years of experience in modifying, debugging or writing device drivers for the Linux kernel.
- An expert in scripting languages such as Python/Bash
- Comfortable with programming languages such as C/C++
- Proven track record in customizing U-boot and/or DTB.
- Knowledge of hardware bus topologies such as USB, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN and/or PCI-X
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of RTOS on bare-metal MCUs (such as FreeRTOS on Cortex M4)
- Knowledge of messaging protocols such as MQTT, gRPC and/or Google Protobuf.
- Knowledge of container services such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Zigbee/ZWave.
- Knowledge of crafting restful APIs on embedded linux systems.
- BS EE or CS degree; 8 + years related experience (or Masters and 6 + years related experience or PhD and 3+ years experience)