Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Create & modify firmware to create robust sensors and gateways.
- Create & modify embedded Linux systems.
- You will help with battery optimization, system stability and reliability, detection tweaks, refactoring, data transfer methods and much more.
- On a day-to-day basis, you’re working with engineers at the company, external consultants to determine the best path going forward
- Working in parking lots will be part of what you’re doing. Real-world testing is the best testing, and you’ll be out there along with most of the team making sure that what we do functions as expected resulting in a desirable experience for our customers.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior Embedded Engineer has all the following:
- 5+ years of experience with C.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded Linux. Drivers, kernel builds, etc.
- Can write UART, SPI and I2C drivers quickly and reliably
- Able to integrate a manufacturer SDK and determine if it is working properly
- Able to write drivers for MCU features such as DMA, RTC, IRQs, etc.
- Knowledge in Bootloader and firmware update techniques
- Knowledge in ARM-M and ARM-A architectureexperience
- Knowledge in Data compression and transmission techniques
- TCP/IP, USB, BLE, Modem, WiFi and Serial communications experience
- You must understand and have developed low powered embedded systems
- A fast learner on languages that are used in other aspects of Parkifi
- TI and Silicon Labs radio development experience
- Keil IDE experience
- Python, C#, Java, and Linux experience