Contribute to the electrical hardware and software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories. • Join a growing team with big impact at an established, stable company. Enjoy a collaborative peer environment where we're all learning from each other. Continue to create new, innovative additions to the SRAM AXS electronic cycling ecosystem. • Be part of a team creating a physical product you can see, touch, and use. Contribute to electronic and software designs working in concert with mechanical systems. • Take satisfaction seeing your work from initial concept through to full production and market launch. • Enjoy being part of a team dedicated to quality, focused on reliability, and proud of what we create.
- Participate in full lifecycle software / firmware development for a custom stack. Contribute to device-side embedded C running on ARM microprocessors. Develop device driver and application library code for use across SRAM AXS designs. Collaborate with peers across multiple project teams to coordinate and optimize code for various use cases with broad reuse.
- Lead design, layout, and verification of mixed signal hardware designs, including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, electromechanical systems, motor drivers, RF transceivers, and antenna systems. Optimize architectures for low-power battery operation.
- Design, build, and test prototype printed circuit boards. Work closely with vendors on PCB stackup design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
- Author design documentation. Write well designed, testable code. Conduct and contribute to hardware design and code reviews.
- Support projects from inception through launch within a global team setting. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts. Collaborate with mechanical, embedded software, test, and manufacturing engineers to develop jointly optimized designs.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 7 years embedded system design, including deployment of a released-to-market product.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using oscilloscopes, logic/communication analyzers.
- Embedded C software development. Skill with debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US and Europe).
- Desired Experience:
- Wireless embedded systems development. Design, verification, and EMC compliance approval for products including 2.4 GHz unlicensed radio transceivers. Use of RF network and spectrum analyzers to verify designs. Communication protocol development using Bluetooth / BLE / Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 / Zigbee, or ANT personal network protocols.
- Development within established agile development methodologies and automated continuous integration.
- Working within a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of released products.
- Designing for high-reliability systems. Six sigma design-for-manufacturability, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), design of experiments (DoE), statistical analysis, and electrical assembly yield improvement.
- Complementary hardware experience could include designing with ADCs, DACs, low-noise data acquisition, high-speed memory, LCDs, sensor ICs, or strain gauges.
- Complementary software skills could include IoT systems development, microprocessor peripheral configuration, embedded driver development, Linux/gcc/make development environments, or Python scripting for test automation.