Grand Rapids, MI
8 - 10 years
Posted 163 days ago
We are searching for a Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer who will serve as a focal point for both internal and external supplier quality activities. The role of the SQE is to ensure suppliers deliver quality product on an on-going basis, while developing supplier capability for future needs. They must have the ability to investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects. • Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
• Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
• Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
• Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s.
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non ? conformances
• Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
• Develop long ? term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
• Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of:
o consistently meeting requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process
o capability and throughput analysis, 6 ? Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events
• Develop and maintain incoming inspection criteria.
• Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control
• Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA)
• Initiate and follow-up Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR) to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
• Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process for all Suppliers.
• Perform periodic audits of Supplier Quality Systems for the purpose of assuring continued Supplier conformance to the quality system requirements.
• Participate as a member of the Material Review Board to review and disposition Supplier related Nonconformance Material Reports asrequired.
BS Engineering Degree (prefer major in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent experience in supplier quality, product quality or manufacturing engineering.
Eight or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment Position will require some travel (20-30%, including international) Must have working knowledge of AS9100 Must have working knowledge of manufacturing flow, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, Lean and Six Sigma and root cause problem solving. Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP systems is required Must have expertise in manufacturing concepts and be able to prioritize multiple projects Must be self-motivated with good written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work cross functionally The successful candidate will be based in the Electronic Systems business unit, in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. A competitive market-based compensation package, commensurate with the responsibilities and experience requirements will be provided.