The Electronics Engineer will lead the development of the electronic controls for the next generation of Cooking products. With the many features offered in these new platforms, this role will be challenged with finding innovative solutions to meet the product requirements, reliability, and design for manufacturability. This role is responsible for development efforts from concept design, prototype design & development, reliability testing, and transition to production.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop electronic controls for the next generation cooking products
- Develop and maintain the electronics project schedule, evaluation/test plan, electronics build plan, and Electronics Parts tracker including cost data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the Lean development process
- Develop and maintain comprehensive hardware requirement specifications for the controls
- Develop schematics and PCB layouts in compliance with the specifications
- Use Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement the new designs
- Complete reliability qualification & growth testing on the controls
- Verify design robustness by completing EMI product level testing
- Complete certification of the controls in collaboration with a third party agency, as necessary
- Coordinate control fabrication and qualification with the selected contract manufacturer
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- BS or better in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working on embedded controls.
- Strong electronic hardware design experience and good understanding of firmware/software development processes.
- Demonstrated project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with global design teams.
- Experience using Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement electronic control designs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.