We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer
- Design, debug, and analysis of discrete electronics and embedded microprocessor based controls
- Production launch (APQP) on existing new business development programs.
- Conducting DV & PV testing, analyzing, and making recommendations / changes based on results.
- Reviewing EMC results and PCB layout reviews for robust ECU releases
- Coordinating supplier activities through purchasing.
- Coordinating design development efforts with global teams for global program support
- Directing test engineers and technicians on specific projects.
- Creating and upkeep of documentation to support production launch with DFMEA, PPAP, and other necessary documents.
- Develop objective evaluations for electronic / electrical sub-systems
- 7+ years OEM / Tier One Automotive electronics hardware design, including vehicle launch experience.
- College degree with a major in Electrical Engineering is required, advanced EE degree preferred.
- Experience working with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of circuit analysis utilizing pSpice or equivalent tools.
- Knowledge of assembly language programming on microprocessors.
- Hands-on experience to construct and debug prototype hardware including soldering and other prototyping techniques.
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems and driveline components.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Knowledge of design, development, test engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.