Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electricalinfrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electricalinfrastructure. The Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer – Isolated DC/DC Board-Mounted Power Design- will design innovative power supply products for telecommunications, high-end computing, data- center and industrial applications, leading the product development process from concept through introduction into high volume production. Besides New Product Introduction, other projects will include Direct Material Productivity, resolving customer issues, and sustaining existing products.
This is a challenging position that calls for strong academic, practical, and leadership skills. The design and development process includes design analysis, electrical modeling & simulations, magnetics design and optimization, schematic / BOM generation, and PWB layout with emphasis on high density. Also responsible for Design for Manufacturing, prototype development, electrical characterization, validations, qualification, safety / reliability certifications and successful introduction into high-volume production based on statistical and parametric analyses. Creating new variants of existing products is also expected, to expand the product offering & maintain GE’s position as an industry leader. In addition, this position is expected to demonstrate global leadership by assisting a design team in Shanghai with their NPI projects and resolving customer issues.
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer, you will:
• Evaluate & sometimes negotiate product requirements; select appropriate circuits for DC/DC applications (LLC, full-bridge, current doubler, etc.)
• Analyze designs including control loops using Mathcad, modeling & simulation
• Collaborate with a firmware engineer to implement control and protection functions; a magnetics expert to design, configure, and optimize the power magnetics; and a mechanical engineer to optimize thermal & mechanical performance
• Work with component, safety, test, & manufacturing engineers to ensure products are viable
• Optimize designs with an eye toward efficiency, density, and cost
• Create schematics, bills of material, and supervise PWB layouts
• Perform hands-on labwork building and debugging of prototypes
• Perform electrical characterization, design validation, and qualification
• Introduce products into high-volume production
• Lead concept & design reviews; take direction from the Project Manager
•Follow prescribed design processes while identifying opportunities to accelerate
• Provide technical support for production and field issues
• Lead projects and collaborate on cross-functional teams
• Mentor junior engineers
• Prepare invention disclosures to protect intellectual property
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering / Power Electronics from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 7 years of engineering design experience in DC/DC converters
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now nor in the future, for this job opening.