Changing the world right here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This role is responsible for the electromagnetic design of new electric motors and the technical support of mature products used to provide clean drinking water for developing countries and agricultural systems. Come join our Global Headquarters in the heart of the MidWest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides electromagnetic designs for single and three-phase AC induction and permanent magnet synchronous motors.
- Leads technology development projects involving alternative motor technologies.
- Develop motor winding and test specifications.
- Provides technical support for existing products to other functional areas.
- Provides sustaining engineering support for existing motor product lines.
- Validates designs via testing.
- Provides qualifications for new/alternate vendors, components, and tooling.
- Defines critical-to-quality dimensions and features of components and products.
- Performs product risk analysis.
- Evaluates products that are returned from the field due to performance or quality issues.
- Participates in cross-functional and cross-cultural team environment/projects.
- Acts as a technical resource and a mentor for less-experienced engineers.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in designing and testing of asynchronous induction, permanent magnet, and other synchronous machines.
- High level working knowledge of FEA simulation for electromagnetic motor design
- Knowledge of motor control methodologies and simulation including sensorless, scalar, vector, and DTC for induction, PM, and reluctance machines
- Practical knowledge of designing for a medium to high volume product line.
- Experience with UL and IEC standards and compliance process.
- Effective communication skills including written, verbal, and group presentations.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Works independently with minimal management oversight.
- Travels a minimal amount.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (required).
- 5 to 10 years of electromagnetic motor design experience (required).
- Master's degree in a relevant field could substitute for years of experience.
- Advanced: CAD solid modeling software (Creo/Pro-E preferred), MATLAB, EXCEL, motor design simulation software (ANSYS Maxwell/RMxprt or equivalent).