The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports electro-optical payload development by performing systems engineering analysis in a concurrent engineering environment. Systems are evaluated from an optical, thermal, and structural perspective. System engineering will also involve development and analysis of testing methods for sensor systems and large aperture optics.
***This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Project Engineer***
- Provide performance analysis of electro-optical sensor systems for assessing proposed designs and developing technical performance requirements, including using optical design codes.
- Generate novel sensor concepts to meet evolving customer requirements.
- Develop modeling, simulation, and exploitation algorithms for visible and infrared imaging radiometers and spectral imaging sensors.
- Develop optical testing methods for electro-optical systems.
- Lead technical teams in the execution of electro-optical systems analysis.
- Interact with senior staff and department management to solve challenging technical problems that arise on EO sensor system programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in optics, physics, or electrical engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with modeling, simulation, and data analysis of visible and infrared optical sensors.
- Demonstrated leadership of technical teams in execution of electro-optical systems analysis.
- Good theoretical understanding of optical system engineering including analysis and testing.
- Good analytic skills in electro-optical sensor performance including radiometry, stray light, optical design, and testing.
- Demonstrated strong analytic problem solving skills in visible and infrared electro-optical sensor performance, including radiometry, pan chromatic, multi-, and hyperspectral image processing and exploitation.
- Strong computer programming skills in an engineering application environment such as MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Mathematica.
- Demonstrated experience with optical design code such as CodeV and/or Zemax, experience with stray light code such as FRED, and other related optical software packages such as LightTools and SolidWorks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel.
- Must have or be able to obtain an SCI SSBI security clearance.
- Advanced degree.
- Laboratory experience with optical instrumentation and setups.
Required to be considered for Senior Project Engineer (In Addition)
- 12 years in total of experience with modeling, simulation, and data analysis of visible and infrared optical sensors.
- 4 years of demonstrated successful task/project leadership.
- 4 years of demonstrated mentorship of junior staff.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Full Scope Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 38043