Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
The Air Force Rapid Response Weapon (ARRW) team is looking for an experienced Electro-Mechanical (Packaging) Design Engineer to join our team. This engineer must be willing to travel extensively, and get involved in all aspects of electrical packaging relative to the ARRW Glide vehicle. This includes development, integration and test including qualification. The engineer will work with the current team in Palmdale CA and Grand Prairie TX as well as the subcontractor locations through a successful flight test and immediate transition into production.
As a member of the Electro-Mechanical team you will have the opportunity to touch hardware, do innovative design and expand your knowledge base and skills. Design work includes complex electronics chassis, printed wiring board (PWB), circuit card assembly (CCA) design and cable harnesses. You will coordinate with team members across engineering disciplines in a holistic environment. Our goal is to keep our products best in class so that they are available to the warfighter when needed.
The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of electro-mechanical design experience. Design experience should include chassis, CCA and PWB design as well as the associated components and connectors. Candidate should have proficiency with Pro/E Creo and Windchill or equivalent 3D modeling software (CATIA, Solidworks etc.) and the desire to learn and grow. Ability to present to management and technical teams is highly desirable.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a beautiful place to live with something to offer for all walks of life. Central Florida has lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld. Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Proficient with Pro-E and/or Creo or other 3D software (such as Catia, Solidworks, etc)
- Requires 5 or more years of electro-mechanical design experience. Design experience should include chassis, CCA and PWB design as well as the associated components and connectors.
- Working knowledge of printed wiring board and surface mount technologies is desired.
- Working knowledge of military and/or industry hardware specifications is desired. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.