About the role:
- We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to work on technology and process development activities associated within our Process Development Group at the Boston Scientific Arden Hills facility.
- This is a position in a growing segment of our business that is responsible for delivering best in class technologies and processes to support both internal and external divisions with products ranging from pulse generators, ablation and diagnostic catheters, mapping and navigation systems to diagnostic devices and equipment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing electrical and electronic engineeringsupport and expertise in the definition, design, development and test of products. Develops capable technologies and processes to ensure efficient and effective transfer of product into production.
- Programming / software design of automated test equipment
- Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on multiple and moderately complex processes
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, fixturing and/or automation
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the PDP/TDP, Project Management, and Quality Systems
- Prepares and presents technical data and recommendations at technical reviews.
- Writes validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., Requirements, BOMs, Validation Plans and Reports, FMEAs, etc.)
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- Develops qualified production lines
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) input to the engineering print package
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and may train manufacturing personnel when required as part of a validation
- May serve as core team member or extended team member on new product projects
- Conduct Gage repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) studies to qualify equipment for release to production
- Position will include travel up to 15%
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Engineering (or related field) with 5-8+ Years’ experience
- LabVIEW and/or C/C++ programming experience
- Hardware design; simple circuits, cable harnesses, relays
- Instrumentation and measurement experience
- Electricalengineering or Computer Engineering background preferred
- Software and systems experience? equipment and fixturing design
- Process Development? equipment validations and process characterization experience
- Ability to translate theoretical and abstract ideas into meaningful innovation
- Data driven individual? statistical analysis experience
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Design experience? new product development
- Experience with automation and programmable logic controllers a plus