Job ID: 20667
SGT is seeking a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer to support development and testing of flight electronics for a NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) mission under the Mechanical Integrated Services and Technologies (MIST) Contract. The selected candidate will oversee fabrication, assembly, component and system level testing of FPGA integrated circuit boards. The selected candidate will work closely with the Electrical Systems Lead, electronics box leads and other project entities including Systems Engineering, QA, Safety, Mechanical and Thermal to ensure hardware and firmware compliance with system level performance and interface requirements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of electrical/electronic design requirements definition and verification, subsystem and circuit analysis, test plan and procedure development, system test conductor, and system integration.
- Knowledge of analog and digitalelectricalcircuits, EEE part applications, PCB fabrication and testing, electronic packaging design and tools, fabrication, assembly, integration and testing, reliability and environmental effects, EMI/EMC considerations.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in FPGA system integration.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with NASA space flight electronics packaging design.
- Experience developing and working withelectrical ground support equipment.
- Experience working in ESD and contamination controlled environments.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Capable and comfortable working on a fast paced and challenging project with ability to adapt to evolving requirements.
- Self-starter able to work independently while also having strong teamwork skills.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.