We're an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we're growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We're actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to drive innovation for key R&D initiatives. He/she will be an integral part of the team, collaborating across functions to deliver technology for our future product platforms. This person should be a high energy, effective individual contributor working to meet scope and schedule needs.
This position in Advanced Technologies will develop innovative technologies that can be implemented into products. They will dream new concepts, create theoretical models and circuit simulations, develop prototypes and collect and present data to proof concepts.
They will think creatively to solve difficult technological problems within a cross-functional team. He/she is a flexible, out-of-the-box thinker and familiar with consumer products, electrical circuit design, system architecture, simulations, component selection, prototyping, board bring up and data collection and analysis.
- Design, build and verify technologies at system and module level
- Utilize first level principles to create and proof innovative concepts in the areas of power control, sensors, analog and mixed signal electronics and signal processing
- Circuit design, circuit simulations, schematic capture, PCB layout and prototype bring up
- Write embedded and high level software to support prototype hardware development and test
- Design with low level signals, signal conditioning, temperature control, perform power and error analysis
- Document designs and work closely with product development to transfer concepts into design
- Work seamlessly within a cross-functional organization. Poof concepts and present data
- Work with and manage consultants and suppliers to develop best in class technologies
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of relevant electrical engineering experience
- Experience in research, innovative concept development and proof of concepts
- Strong analog, mixed signal and power electronics design, sensors and low power electronics
- Schematic capture, circuit simulation and PCB layout, preferably with Altium Designer
- Experience in system architecture and integration with strong emphasis in miniaturization
- Design with embedded microcontrollers, Op-amps, DC-DC converters, chargers, ADC, DAC and PWM
- Experience with data acquisition systems, testing, data collection and analysis
- Strong embedded software experience in C
- Experience with varieties of lab test equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, power supplies, SMU, high precision DMMs, data loggers, etc.
- Highly creative, self-motivated and technically curios
- Experience with serial communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, SWI and USB
- Skilled in circuit tolerance analysis, design reviews and root cause analysis of complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products
- Experience with rechargeable battery powered electronics
- Familiarity with wireless communications like Bluetooth
- Knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with Real-time Operating System (RTOS)
- History designing electro-mechanical systems and PID controls
- Ability to multitask, focus on details and ability to drive issues to resolution
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field. Master's degree is highly desirable.