The Senior Electrical / S&PC Engineer provides leadership and assists in the resolution of technical matters related to the discipline for all projects being executed in the office. In addition, he or she defines, develops and monitors all plans to meet the project requirements and supports the department ofelectrical and systems and process control practitioners to achieve the expected results in terms of quality, cost and schedule.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Develops lists of engineering deliverables and time based functions to facilitate the planning and control of engineeringbudgets.
- Develops electrical work plans for insertion into the project specific execution plans.
- Ensures development and maintenance of the projects’ scope of work documentation and revisions as required during the design evolution.
- Manage and review the Engineering Work Packages (EWP) associated with all deliverables and time based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary.
- Prepare and maintain a Resource Plan and Forecast that supports the engineeringschedules.
- Review and approval of the electrical, control systems, layout and design criteria documents.
- Review and approval of the electrical and control systems engineering and design standards.
- Review and approval of electrical and control system technical deliverables (specifications, datasheets, drawings, etc.).
- Development of project specific procedures.
- Establish design tools, software, relevant codes and standards to be used on the projects.
- Assignment of work tasks (via approved EWPs) to individuals and continuous monitoring of progress and quality.
- Represent the electrical and systems and process control practice in project engineering coordination meetings, as required.
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in design reviews.
- Ensure coordination, between the electrical and systems and process control teams and other disciplines, of all activities being performed as designs evolve.
- Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with project procedures and the quality assurance plan.
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of electrical and systems and process control engineering work.
- Ensure that all work designed, manufactured and supplied in the electrical and systems and process control engineering disciplines complies with the relevant sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
- Participation in the compilation of the client Project Safety Management Plan with specific reference to switching, isolation and lockout procedures, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in electricalengineering or electricalengineeringtechnology.
- Registration as a professional engineer in one or more states in the U.S.
- Twelve (12) or more years of progressively higher responsibility in electrical, systems and process control and project engineering.
- Knowledge and application of electrical and systems and process control codes and standards.
- Experience working on large or complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to manage individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Strong deliverables focus and ability to plan the work and work the plan.
- A high degree of understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies related to the discipline.
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies.
- Technical exposure to the equipment technologies related to the project.
- Good understanding of engineering systems, processes, procedures, tools and workflows as they relate to the electrical / systems and process controls practice.
- Thorough understanding of HSEC policies and standards.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to rapidly understand and assimilate project and client specific requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D data centric design systems.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering management systems.
- Strong ability to delegate tasks and promote the effective performance of team members.
- Experience in mentoring young professionals.
- Extensive experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Significant previous experience in engineering planning for the discipline.
- Strong client focus.
- Project experience in metals (steel, aluminum, etc.), power, oil & gas, mining industries.
Requisition ID: 9188