RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering consulting firm, is currently seeking a senior level Electrical Project Engineer with a strong history of performance in healthcare, higher education, K-12 Schools, and government sectors. The position is located in the beautiful coastal Salisbury, Maryland office.
The Electrical Project Engineer completes building systems design including fire alarm, lighting design, and power distribution systems. Will serve as a mentor for junior level electrical designers and drafters. The Electrical Engineer will go on site and interact directly with clients, contractors and architects.
The Electrical Project Engineer will beresponsiblefor the following the tasks:
- lighting systems, including fixture selection and controls.
- power distribution, including riser diagrams and panel schedules.
- sizing of feeders, and branch circuits per NEC.
- electrical panelschedules using MS Excel.
- fire alarm risers, panels and devices.
- electrical site plans, including ductbanks, manholes and handholes.
- telecom / data systems, including risers.
- lighting calculations for interior and exterior lighting.
- calculate loads, fault current, and voltage drop using MS Excel.
- performing field surveys, when needed.
- reviewing shop drawings.
- knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and standard industry design practices.
- able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- BS Engineering Degree from accredited college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical buildings design
- Specification writing experience
- Cost estimating experience
- Strong technical design and engineering ability
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- Project/employee management experience
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
About the company:
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 11 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.