We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people with the passion to support our vision and help to change the future of aviation. We are now offering a fascinating position as an Senior Electrical Hardware Design Engineer working out of our Columbus, Ohio office.
The Senior Electrical Hardware Design Engineer position is responsible for the creation, development, industrialization, verification and validation of electronics and electrical systems for airfield lighting products within the Product Development Group.
- Creates, prepares, and modifies Engineering CAD Drawings, including PCB drawings and wiring diagrams for new product development and Engineering Changes release
- Creates Part Numbers, BOM's (Bill of Materials) and Production/Vendor Test Specifications
- Is the liaison between Engineering and Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Service
- Develops high quality test plans based on input from design and marketing documentation
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments
- Participates principally in the design and building of test fixtures and development of automated test procedures
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to the Engineering, Quality, and Product Management. May need to present or demonstrate testing methods to others.
- Determines material and equipment needs and order supplies
- Organizes and participates in design reviews
- Occasional travel (5-15%) for field troubleshooting or data collection, both in the US and Internationally
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, developing products in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3-5 years programming microcontrollers using C/C++
- Analog/Digital circuit design, AC-DC Converter/Inverter design. Troubleshooting, and design verifications.
- Thorough grasp of electrical design principles and exposure to industrial/military components
- Knowledge of revision control systems and practices
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as CanBus, SPI, I2C, RS232/485, and Ethernet
- Experience with ECAD tools for schematic capture and board layout, preferably Altium
- Experience with EMI/EMC design principles
- Experience with Phase-Gate project management techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including customer interaction
- Possess the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Possess the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Experience with high power electronics
- Experience with low power microcontrollers, including Atmel, PIC, and ST Micro
- Working knowledge of commercial and FAA standards such as UL, CE, IEC, Series 150 Advisory Circulars