WSP is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in the Vancouver, BC office.
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Electrical Engineering Manager. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction
- Utilize industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Manage all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring
- When necessary, become involved with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalency
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEBC)
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets
- 10-15 years of experience in consulting electrical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required
- Experience in electrical design practices for healthcare facilities would be considered an asset
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, electrical design software, and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required. Proficiency with Revit is considered an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).