WSP is currently seeking Senior Electrical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for project work from conceptual design through to completion on electrical, lighting, technology, integration, and security consulting engineering services.
- Power distribution, essential power systems including generators and UPS, Substations, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgear, motor control and motor control centers Life Safety including Fire Alarm system design;
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team;
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards;
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required;
- Develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building constructions;
- Lighting, Lighting Control systems;
- Structured data cabling, communications, security, energy management, Nurse Call system design;
- Mechanical equipment control design;
- Providing technical support to the project managers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalency;
- 10+ years of related experience in Health Care projects, preferably in a consulting engineering environment;
- P.Eng designation is preferred. Will consider candidates who are close to reaching their designation;
- Intimate knowledge of high voltage systems;
- Good understanding of lighting and low voltage systems such as nurse call, security, fire alarm, etc; and
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).